I'm a dad of a one year old. I'm struggling to find time to make plans with others. And to be there for my baby at the same time. How do you manage being a good dad and make time for others and for yourself?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There are a few things you can try out: -> When you have plan with your friends, your wife takes care of the kid and vice-versa -> Can you leave your kid with some family member or any other couple friend who have kids? You can take care of their kids when they have plans so works both both of you :) -> Have a nanny if you have plans -> For some events, its ok to take your kid along esp if your other friends have kids too :) Good luck and let us know what worked for you!!

Read more

My friends would bring their children along for gatherings. Otherwise, they will leave early or reach later. It is important to still make time for yourself. Most of my friends are happy to just join us for a couple of hours, once every couple of weeks. It offers a good break away from daddy duties. At the same time, it is common that some can't bear to leave their babies and that does not make them any less of a friend. ;)

Read more

Are your friends daddies too? If they are, you can have a daddy-date group like the one I saw in that movie, "What to expect when you're expecting". This group of dads meet up with their kids for playdates and it's a strictly no mommy zone/time and they get to share their secrets, problems and whatever happens in the group stays in the group. Here's a scene from the movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc8RGUazssM

Read more
Post reply image