First appointment

Hi all, I’m on my ?5th week and have gotten a polyclinic referral to NUH O&G. They have given me the appt for a month later (would be the 9th week). I’m having quite a bit of cramps (feels like mensus) without blood. Any experienced mamas who can share with me what to expect during the first appt? Thank you!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

To carry on from my previous reply, my first appointment was week 5, did a vaginal scan cos baby too small be detected from tummy ultrasound. Doc will confirm if pregnancy is within uterus (else it’s ectopic). Then went back 10 days later for follow up. Manage to see my baby heartbeat at week 6 + 1. Also vaginal scan cos baby too small to be seen through tummy ultrasound at this stage. Completely normal. Going back again another 10 days later for my next follow up. I visited private clinic fyi.

Read more

Dear mummy's, your may seek for your gynea to prescribe 'duphaston' to prevent the risk of miscarriage and support early pregnancy. Even if the nurse tells you to come weeks later cause they couldn't detect. you can let them know you need medicine. I am taking it for all my pregnancy, as I have miscarriage before and wouldn't want to take any risk.

Read more
4t trước

hihi, you take "duphaston" feel sleepy? I just taken this few days very sleepy after taken.. and I'm working..

I’m week 6 now! Went to check at week 5, gynae said it’s completely normal to feel cramps. Most importantly no blood/spotting then don’t worry. The moment got blood/spotting pls see a gynae asap.

Yes, am working too and am always feeling sleepy. hahhaha jiayou mummy!

hi i have this cramp on and off too. 5th week as well