Swelling in underarms

I’m 20 weeks 5 days now. And i notice swelling in my underarms and feel pain sometimes… it’s normal during pregnancy ??

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there! Congratulations on reaching 20 weeks and 5 days of your pregnancy! It's totally normal to experience swelling in your underarms during pregnancy. This condition is known as axillary lymphadenopathy, and it happens because your body is producing more blood and fluids to support your growing baby. To help reduce the swelling and alleviate the pain, you can try a few things. Firstly, make sure you're wearing loose-fitting clothes to avoid putting pressure on your underarms. You can also apply a cold compress to the swollen area to reduce inflammation and discomfort. Additionally, gentle massage and keeping your arms elevated when possible can help improve circulation and reduce swelling. However, if the swelling persists or if you have any concerns, it's always a good idea to talk to your healthcare provider. They can evaluate your symptoms and provide personalized recommendations to help you feel more comfortable during this stage of your pregnancy. Remember, every pregnancy is different, and it's okay to seek support and advice when you need it. Take care of yourself and your growing baby, and best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy journey! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more
4t trước

Thank you so much

Hi! The swelling is most likely from the lymph nodes under your arms. I get that too. Even prior to pregnancy, whenever it’s 1-2weeks before my menstrual period it will swell and hurt. Usually due to the increases in blood flow to the other parts of the body. But if it is an unbearable pain best to inform your gynae!

Read more
1mo trước

Okay thank you