If your and hubby's sched are not available, who represents you in a "Family Day” at your kid's school?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Depends on how old your child is and if you think he would be upset if none of his family is there. When my son was in Nursery 1, he was really looking forward to having me there... but this year (Nursery 2), he is more independent, and when we both missed a school event, he was totally cool with it and still had alot of fun. If I think he would feel out of place and sad that both mom and dad are not there, I may just let him skip school that day (provided that is a choice accessible to me).

Read more

Growing up in a household with busy working parents, I've often attended these events alone or with my grandparents, usually my late maternal grandmother. But after her passing, if it was compulsory and no one could make it, I'd go alone. Once I even went in my parents' place for an event that my younger brother was part of. I've never felt upset, maybe I was too young to care but I understood that my parents needed to work.

Read more

I'd probably try to squeeze in some time by exchanging duties with my work partner or negotiating with my boss (maybe bring some work home in return for some hours away from office) so that I can make it for the family day.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4051)

Grandparents. If grandparents are not available, I will let my kid to skip the event.