Breastfeeding

If I stopped breast feeding for 3 days will my milk supply totally stop? What if I ate something spicy or have food poisoning when can I start breastfeeding again?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

No, your milk supply will not stop so soon but it will decrease and you might even have engorgement or blocked ducts. Maybe you can still pump or hand express regularly to maintain supply and prevent blocked ducts. You can still breastfeed even if you are something spicy or have food poisoning. It actually won’t affect your baby too much.

Read more
Super Mom

You dont have to stop breastfeeding if you had spicy food or illnesses. I didnt avoid spicy food and also still have a cup of coffee a day when breastfeeding. And when you are ill, your antibodies will be passed to baby through breadt milk! If you need medication, just make sure the dr prescribe you something compatible with breastfeeding.

Read more
Super Mom

I breastfeed even when I eat spicy food or if I have food poisoning. As long as you wash your hands well, baby will not get food poisoning when drinking your milk. Stopping for 3 days.. you might be really engorged and get mastitis.

Influencer của TAP

Can continue bf in spite of eating spicy or food poisoning. As my milk supply was really low, it dried up within 3 days. Extremely tough for me to supply. I tried my best up to 6mo. Extremely easy for me to stop thereafter.

Thành viên VIP

Not so fast. Mine still leaking once a while after totally stop for two months due to pregnancy. Your milk might taste slightly different if you eat spicy but food poisoning won't affect it.

Influencer của TAP

Your milk won't just stop like that but if you didn't breastfeed or pump you might have Engorment and may lead to Mastitis. I ate soicy food like mala and still bf nothing wrong.

Thành viên VIP

It shoudnt stop after a few days. If you're worried can continue to pump the milk out. Illness from the mom should not affect the baby and bm should still be safe!

Thành viên VIP

In a week I will have 2/3 times of mala and even curry chicken during my break time. Baby doing fine. Don't stop breastfeeding unless of health condition. :)

Influencer của TAP

I continue to bf even I ate mala. Your milk won't stop but you will be engorged.

No the milk won’t stop but will decrease Even if u eat spicy u can bf