sleep

If I would like my LO to sleep longer during night time, does it mean that I have to keep him awake longer during the day?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Nope don’t think you should overtired a baby, it will shorten their attention span if they gets overtired and cranky. My LO takes 3-4 naps about 30mins each in the day (my LO hardly sleep past 45mins, he is a very light sleeper during the day). Even if his bedtime is at 9pm, I still let him have his last nap from 6:30pm-7pm as I will only let him be awake for 2hrs to 3hrs max. He has been sleeping well since 2MO for at least 7-8hrs (sometimes 10hrs) straight during the night.

Read more
4y trước

Thank you so much for sharing! It's really helpful. I was just wondering you did any sleep training or dream feeding for your LO before she can slp through the night?

Thành viên VIP

Depending on the age of your baby, babies generally need 2-3 naps during the day so that they won’t be over tired and be cranky during bed time. For example, awake time should be about 2-3 hours max for a 4-5 month old baby and a 1 hour nap. So if a baby doesn't have enough awake time during the day, it can lead to multiple waking overnight, unsettled behaviour in the early evening and/or early morning waking.

Read more