A year off work

If you had a year off work, what would you do with your family? #dreams

47 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am on a 1.5 year off now - 9 months of that for pregnancy and now looking after baby. I would say at least go holiday once during the non peak season, during a time that u would not have been able to if u were working. Call up friends for gathering or just meet them for lunch at their work place or to go somewhere together. If I had more time, I would say sports or arts that interest u - chio someone along

Read more

I will bring my boy to my mum house because as I working and need to take care of my boy, I can't always when to my mum house and only can bring my boy to my mum house once a week some time 2 weeks once. So if I can off work for 1 year I will bring my mum and my family enjoy it together no matter is where. As I just want to have more time for my family that time is going very fast.

Read more

I would love to say "travel the world" but that could only happen if everyone took a year off and that we have the financial means to support that kind of nomad lifestyle. If I'm the only one in the family who has the year off, I will try and organize gatherings every once in a while, plan family vacations, and lastly, also set aside some time for myself.

Read more

Spending quality time with my family would be ideal especially the kids. Their growing up stages will only be once and i think we should treasure them. Financially if we r ok, travelling ard the world to learn abt the culture and lifestyle of peoplw from different countries would be good.

Read more

Travel, catch up with my parents, my sister.. do things which I always wanted to do. I am blessed to be getting that time off. make my daughter spend sometime with her grandparents. help out my husband with his work and surely try my hands on entrepreneurship

Incorporate more family activities in our daily routines, e.g. including more prayer time as a family, or taking up further studies and allocating study time as a family when kids do their homework and studies, parents (husband and I) will study as well.

Me feel - spending time is the most important. It can be at home, just two of us playing with each other... Or overseas. But erm - having been on trips with my boy - and one trip was done with me and him only - I feel, overseas is more tiring! Hahahaha.

I would love to be a sahm!!! I love bringing my girl to play sand, cycle, swim and so many things more to do. Cooking healthy meals for my love ones. Baking... Just so many things going in my head now.

I'd like to go to the mountains and live a self-sustainable life with my family. Build our own house, farm our own crops, use water from nearby creek and catch rabbits or birds for dinner.

Id spend as much time as possible with my family. Leading a simple and quiet life, back to earth and be intouch with reality and ourselves. Our routine, the simplicity of life.