2nd preg but this time. My constipation is so bad. Doc recommended Duphalac but not working for me

Any idea what others things to eat? I tried fruits and fruits juice. All not working. I shitted on the 5th day of eating Duphalac. But poop with blood for the first time in my life 🥹 then constipation start again. No shit for many days.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Drink a lot of water (min 1L), walk more, eat yogurt, yakult, kiwi, pears, yellow dragonfruit, leafy vegetables, prune juice (100-200ml). Lactulose took 2 days to be effective for me and need to take daily min 10ml. Sometimes even with all of the above (including walking 5km), I only poop very little and needs effort, but I console myself that is better than nothing.

Read more

Soups with sour taste worked for me (like salted veg or hot and sour soup), so I tried to eat as much as I could with plain rice. Fruits like apple and kiwi also worked for me. You can also try crackers and milo, heard that I worked for many people. Hope you get past this phase soon💪🏻

Read more
2mo trước

Thank you 😊

Try kiwi with skin on and dragonfruit. If you take bread, sourdough helps. I also find that incorporating chia seeds helps me (I put it in my morning coffee/milo/milk, 1 heaping spoonful). And of course, lots of water. Nothing less than 2l a day. Hope it helps!!

Read more

Yellow dragonfruit. It works amazingly for me as someone with constipation even prior to pregnancy. But do try half first before eating the entire fruit as it may cause you to go a few times .

how about lactogg?

2mo trước

No. Let me go search 😊