I'd like to get some advice and pointers (on weaning and introducing solids) from parents who have sent their babies to infant care. My daughter shall be turning 6mo in about a month's time. I would like to follow the 3 day rule when preparing purees for her. I would like some help in terms of the following: 1) How much food should I prepare so that I can bring to the ifc to complement the breastmilk which should still be her main intake? 2) Stupid question, but am I right that bm volume can increase even though she is taking solids? or should bm volume be adjusted lower since she has additional food source? 3) I read that solids should preferably not be fed in the evening as it is harder to digest. Does this mean that I would not get to feed my baby solids on weekdays since I am working full time and I get to see her only around 7pm or later? 4) I plan to prepare my own purees for her in advance. Polyclinic doc advised me to start with the not-so-nice-tasting veggies to expose her to such tastes first. What veggies are good for a start? Will be using the Philips steamer/blender. Do I wait for the blended puree to cool down first then freeze? if so, where and how should I keep the hot puree aside to cool down (avoid contamination and bacteria)? 5) If I intend to freeze in small quantity cubes, and then apportion/transfer required qty to bm storage bags (i have excess), should I take them directly out from the freezer only on the very morning itself or should I transfer down to the lower fridge compartment the night before? 6) Do I give bm and purees for a start or bm and cereals? Thank you in advance for your contribution and sharing in any possible way. Cheers!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Cannot take out of freezer that morning to give to baby that day to eat. Thawing takes 1 day. So must take out of freezer one day before and give purée to IFC that is thawed for that day use. Serve the food at room temperature. banana and avocado change color after expose to air and not so appetitizing. Better to serve those fresh instead of freezing it, otherwise most other food can be freezed. Also some IFC don't accept home cooked food. So pls check with the IFC if they allow home food. For veggies to feed really any veggies is ok. But start with rice cereal first as baby tummy is gentle. Then move to veggie and then to fruit/meat.

Read more
8y trước

Thank you so much!

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-15518)

Thành viên VIP

For me when baby is in IFC - they prepare rice powder for her once a day and then I do second meal a day (dinner) with a veggie purée. You can try sweet potato, sweet corn, carrot, spinach or avacado purée for early days.

8y trước

Thank you!

Thaw the night before. So that by morning you can heat it up. Just put in the lower fridge. Also yes, food must be cooled down before putting it in the freezer.