No Fetal Pole

I went to see gynae a week ago. My LMP should make me 8 weeks on the day of the gynae visit but doc did a transvaginal scan and saw a sac with no fetal pole. The sac was measuring 5 weeks. I'm told to come back again in 2 weeks to confirm if the pregnancy is viable. I haven't had any spotting/bleeding or cramps. I know it's pretty much a waiting game for now. Please send good vibes my way...

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think sometimes calculating based on LMP may not be accurate esp if you have irregular period, and the implantation could have occured later also. Since the sac is measuring 5 weeks, maybe you're only about 5 weeks pregnant and 5 weeks is too early to detect the fetal pole. I wish you all the best! It's a tough 2 weeks to wait out but no bleeding/sharp cramps is good sign.

Read more
2y trước

thank you, it is tough! whatever it is, it will be for the best.

All the best to you and hopefully it will be all good for you and your little one. Let's be positive and pray the best. Remember LMP is just estimation. If the scanning shows less than the estimated, only on next few weeks they are able to detect.

2y trước

thank you my dear