7 Replies

Baby could be big bcos of gdm or maybe due to genes (maybe you or ur hubby is of a higher size)? My girl used to weigh bigger in the initial stage but her weight slows down when I start to eat healthier food (less sugar , carbs , fatty food). You will know whether you have gdm at wk24-28

My baby has always been on the bigger side, during monthly scan his measurements were always estimated to be 2-3 wks ahead and gynae initially thought I had a higher chance of getting GD. But surprisingly I didn't! My boy is just naturally big at 3.8kg and 55cm at birth 🤷‍♀️

Hi, I had gdm during my pregnancy, but my baby never once on the bigger side. Came out 3kg at 40 weeks. My cousin on the other hand, no gdm but baby was big throughout the pregnancy, 4+ kg at week 38. So don’t worry much and maintain healthy diet! 😊

wow surprised that your gynae told you your baby weight, as i tot only at 28weeks scan than they'll notify you on your baby weight. dont think so much for now, unless your doc ask u to control your diet if not should be fine!

Dun scare yourself. My scan at 32wks was 1.8kg. Gynae also said big! Bt i have GD. And yes they did highlight baby could b either too big or too small.

False cause the doctor also did say my baby is on the bigger side ask me not to worry as it is normal

What is GDM?

Gestational Diabetes Mellitus

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles