Anyone did transvaginal ultrasound scan at 5weeks+?

I was referred to KKH Urgent O&G last wednesday because i have been having pain in the abdominal for a couple of days. After a detailed ultrasound scan by the diagnostic imaging department, they only found an empty gestational sac, no yolk sac nor embryo. Although the doctor kinda implied that its a 50-50 chance of an eventual miscarriage (googled blighted ovum) or baby is too small to be seen, and i cant help but feel worried. Anyone experience the same or similar? Sorry for the rant. Just needed some positivity. P.S: i did not experience any bleeding or spotting thus far.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went into nuh A&E last sat because I was bleeding and I had on off cramps since we found out my pregnancy. I was 5w3d. Did a scan doc also said the same thing, gestational sac seen but no yolk or pole. So she said it’s either too small, or the ovulation was late, or it could have been a miscarriage. I am waiting for my next proper scan tmr at the fetal care centre to see. I am hoping for the best :/ blighted ovum is quite sad cause you are experiencing pregnancy and miscarriage symptoms at the same time. So we are quite worried too.

Read more
1t trước

Just wanted to share with you don’t lose hope! I am still spotting quite abit but thankfully they saw the baby with fetal pole a very small one after scanning for about 20 mins. And glad that is correlated to the number of weeks and very tiny blinking heart. Just keeping my hopes up. They can only confirm it after week 8

I just got off my transvaginal ultrasound as well. They are not sure if they see a sac, they are worried for an ectopic. They saw something that looked like a sac but it could be a pseudo sac. Consulting again next week to do another scan. I’m in the same state of confusion as you.

5weeks+ is still too early to see anything. did the doc give you a follow appt 2 weeks later?

5d trước

How was it! Did yall manage to see the little baby ?

How bad is the cramps?

2t trước

I have cramps on the left side. They go within 10 minutes and wasn’t escalating. Comes and goes. Is that similar to yours?