Empty sac, no heartbeat, cannot see baby at 7w+5d

Hi. I went for my 2nd Gynae appointment today. I'm supposed to be 8 weeks but the ultrasound showed 7w5d. My pregnancy sac grew but no baby can be seen. Did transvaginal ultrasound, cannot see baby and no heartbeat can be heard. My Gynae gave me two options - 1. To take prescribed medication for baby to come out. 2. To see her again in 10 days but if there is still no heartbeat and cannot see baby, it's confirmed baby didn't form well. I'm 40 years old and this is my 3rd pregnancy. My heart breaks💔 looking at the ultrasound and hearing the options. I chose to see her one more time and will continue taking the hormone pills till next appointment.. Anyone experience this before? 🥺

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i was at week 8 but no heartbeat. week 10 no heartbeat. some spotting seen. week 11. topk duphaston. scan. miraculously found baby 2 hiding behind baby 1. baby 1 stop growing. doc ask come back next week for scan. same day i miscarried both in the evening. tried again after 3months. am 15 weeks now. Crossing my fingers baby will be alright. i lost 3 babies before this one. hopefully this is a fighter. We will always hope. I understand that feeling. My prayers with you ❤️

Read more
2y trước

Thank you for sharing your experiences sis... Your story is an inspiration ❤️ Thank you for your prayers... my prayers for you and baby too and may all is well for you and your pregnancy journey 💕

I experienced it before. I stopped all medication like duphaston then body naturally miscarried. Tried for baby almost immediately. I wish you good luck! Not to stress too much alright.

2y trước

Thank you for sharing. I'm taking duhapston too. I'll see how it goes till the next check up. hope all will be ok... Thank you 🙏

it may be a bit too early, i saw heartbeat at week 8-9

2y trước

Thank you for your encouragement. I feel better and praying for the best 🙏

hoping that all goes well for you.

2y trước

thank you so much for your love ❤️