How to use glucometer?

Hi, I was told to do prick finger 7times a day once a week. So I am alittle confused about the 7 pricking timing. Does it meant I do it before breakfast once after I eat breakfast 2hours once. Then repeat for lunch n dinner and one time just before Bedtime? And between after breakfast pricking timing and before lunch timing is there any timing need take note? As I forgot to ask . Would appreciate anyone whoever recover from gdm advise on ur diet plan and timing of pricking please!! 🙏 This is my third pregnancy but 1st time getting gdm and I am so stressed up and worried about not about to recover from it.#advicepls #pleasehelp

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I only pricked 6 times daily. Before breakfast, 1 or 2 hours after i start eating breakfast (not finish wif breakfast), same goes for lunch n dinner. I used to drink low fat milk n eat blueberries.. or eat apple etc. now i take steel cut overnight oats. I did not recover from gdm and gynae had suspected i m diabetic in my first preg. So my 2nd pregnancy i was liaising wif my endocrine n getting her advice once i knew i was pregnant. However my readings r okay so far and she told me to take a break frm my readings if i am eating almost the same tings every day. She doesnt want me to keep pricking so many times until i deliver coz i am only at wk 15 now.

Read more
1y trước

so ur after meals pricking can do anytime after u started eating but at least 1hr b4 the meal pricking? I meant eg if say b4 breakfast 8am prick then I started eating at eg 830am or 9am, I can start prick at 930am or only after I finished meal like eg anytime as long 1hr to 2hr before the before meal pricking? so for ur diet plan breakfast u took low fat milk n eat blueberries or eat apple or take steel cut overnight oats? what abt the lunch n dinner?

Hello. You need to do one 5mins before you eat your meal. Then there is a section on the paper to write what time u eat your meal, from that time u count 2 hours later and prick again. I did mine 7x a day, twice a week. Still bad, so now I’m on meds for GDM. 🥲

1y trước

Yes I note down what I ate because the gynae will ask what is it I ate during the Time the sugar level spike up.