Types of NIPT Test

I was given 3 options by NUH for the NIPT test which tests the risks for genetic disorders and also able to tell the gender. iGene Comprehensive Panorama Basic Panorama Extended Which did you choose/the OBGYN opted for you, and why?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! I did iGene Core, which isn't part of the options given above, but thought to share my decision-making process as I was too offered multiple tests in the private route :") 1. Family History - If you have family members who have developmental or genetic disorders, you can opt for more comprehensive testing since there will be a higher genetic disposition for these conditions for your baby too 2. Your profile and pregnancy - you might also want to read up on which profiles of women go through higher risk pregnancies / predisposed to genetic disorders and whether you fall into these categories 3. Intention - it's important to note your intention behind taking the NIPT and the utility of it - I wanted detailed prenatal testing although I was having a low risk pregnancy and I had no risks in family history because in the case that the baby has a genetic disorder, my husband and I had discussed to choose abortion as we didn't want our baby to go through all the challenges that will come in life - hence I needed a highly accurate and sensitive test to be responsible and sure of our decision moving forward. I ultimately chose iGene core (I'm guessing it might be the equivalent of panorama basic but not too sure) as I wanted something that was more comprehensive than OSCAR, but also didn't need the mosttt comprehensive test as I was having a healthy pregnancy with no indicators of higher risk. 🙏

Read more
2mo trước

Got it! Can’t wait to find out, wishing you all the best too :)

we went with the one that tells baby gender, for that reason. Took Dr. Anita, I knew her from the high risk clinic. very professional and reassuring, really encouraged me when i was giving up

Hi! Can I ask how much does each on of it costs? Thank you!

2mo trước

Thank you ao much!

I opted for Panorama extended. Its a personal choice!