Any of you parents experience this with Parkway East Hospital?

So i was ask to go into induction last week as gynae said bb is big, and me being first time and my bb is not low enuf, she suggested caesaren. However, i wanted to go for natural birth as it will b better for both bb n mummy. So we agreed to induce 3days ahead of our edd. Day of induction, we were in labour ward for 20hrs but still, induce failed. Water bag broke(i think my gynae rapture it earlier), but cervix not opened. Gynae says we hv to go for c-sec by then, and we agreed as bb cannot wait any longer with a broken waterbag for 12hrs... stayed in single bedded room for 4d3n,package paid at 7k+.. however, at discharge today, the bill was 16k juz for mummy and 1.7k juz for bb. Looking at the breakdown, gynae charges alone is alr 7k .. Is this normal? shud i question? #1stimemom #PEH #DrTing #advicepls #firstbaby

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

That’s the scary part about hospital stay. If you choose private hospital or private ward, you have to be mentally prepared if things don’t go as planned, the bill could just shoot up because everything is calculated as private patient rate. Having said that, I’m actually wondering how is the experience like at Kkh for B2 and C class ward. Anyone can share their experience? Also, which is the cheapest private hospital and is it better to do A1 ward at kkh instead of private hospital?

Read more
3y trước

If you choose KKH private it will be abit more expensive or the same as private hospital. Private gynae have package available to sign but KKH there is not package available. So all is charged as private rate

Influencer của TAP

I think you got the double charge thing. 1st is natural pricing follow by csec. example. your gynae charge 2.8k for natural and 4.2k for csec. that makes up 7k. which is normal for double charge. follow by hospital stay package charge 7k make up to 14k already

Read more

Is there a breakdown for gynae? As far as I cld mbr my gynae's planned csec charges was 5.2k for 1 bedder at parkway. So I believe emergency csec will definitely be well above tt. Was told to always be prepared for big bills once u hve to do emergency csec.

Thành viên VIP

That’s why I changed from private in tmc to NUH public. I’m so scared of the bills shooting up. One disadvantage is the gynae might not be fixed. That’s what I heard.

I gave birth in PEH induced and Ecset and my total bill is 15k.. Do note that we have to pay for the extra of the bb heartbeat detector and top up for the ECsect..

When go from induction into emergency C sect, usually charges will be more...

😳

😮