Tummy time for 2 weeks old

I tried to do tummy time for my 2 weeks old baby for a minute or so while waiting to change his diaper or wipe down but he hates it, keep crying and doesn’t lift his head. Is it normal ? Usually around which week will babies able to lift their head ? And is it normal for them to cry during tummy time like theyre struggling. I put him on changing mat, with both hands folded below his chest

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I put my baby on her tummy on my tummy. Like a sleeping koala bear. Ill do that after feeds when she falls aslp especially at night so that air will come out and also sometimes when trying to burp her which she may fall aslp too. Cuz she get very angsty when she fall asleep and got woken up due to burping. But just have to help her head if she looks up. Did that before she turns one month and she could already lift her head and turn at one month

Read more
9mo trước

Wow turn at one month! That is fast!! If she falls asleep on your tummy, how u move her? Likely she will wake up?

your baby still young for tummy time u can just simple burp him every after feeding..u can try to swaddle him upon burping it may helps him to calm down since he is just born swaddle will give him a sense of security that feels like he is still inside the womb..hope it helps u happy parenting 😊

Baby is only two weeks. Don’t rush into it. Do take some time for both yourself and the baby. I did mine slowly when baby is more comfortable and not too early. Placed toys and some other items infront so that baby enjoys the short tummy time. And also during back massages after shower.

I started to do about a month or two onwards. Depend on baby's comfortability. Yes normal to cry during tummy time because they get tired, they need strength to lift head, hands, feet (like swimming) and tummy time not advisable to do more than 20 mins.

Post reply image

there's no hurry mummy.. my baby started doing it around the 3 months mark and he eventually got used to it. dont worry too much and just go with the flow. if baby doesn't seem to like it, you can reduce the time spent on tummy or try again in 2 weeks time.

Of course baby will cry, cause it’s uncomfortable and tiring. I only started tummy time when baby was about 3months old and seemed to be stronger 🤣