7 Weeks Pregnant. What Do I Do Next?

Hello. I just tested and I'm about 7 weeks pregnant. So I guess the first thing is to see a gynae. Anyone knows if I can just walk in at kkh? Or I have to make an appointment? Help. I'm clueless. Thanks in advance.

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I walk in to KKH but it is a private class charge.They will make appts for you. The admin staff will assign you to Gyne if don’t tell them which gyne u want. Go thru KKH gyne list. Mine was Dr Seet she is nice. KKH as a private class for u pay for the gyne only. The rest of services like the ultrasound and weight measurements are all shared by subsidy patient. It took me abt 1 1/2 hr to do the ultrasound scan before I can meet my gyne. The waiting time is too Long. I had to change to private hospital instead.

Read more
4y trước

Hi carol, wen I switched to private hospital I re-did the the test. I don’t know how many test or scans you have done so far. I did my first blood test n scan with kkh which cost me abt $400. Then I switched over to Mount A, ACJ clinic with Dr Candice Wang. I re-do the test as I prefer my gyne know everything from scratch. I had to pay another $400 but I dun mind as my follow check up will easier to monitor. I took the flu jab at kkh. I told my gyne that I don’t need jab.if you have any reports or scans which you have already done with kkh, then bring it over to the private gyne, if they find the info provided on the report or scan is sufficient, they will use the report and scan and then from there they will advise you what test or scans you have to it. Give it a try😉. They will don’t want you to pay double.

Go to GP to make sure 100% that you are really2 pregnant.I just get to know i'm pregnant in the first week of May.I didn't know my baby is already 9 weeks old,took me two pregnancy test to really bring my a** to GP to finalised it,from there,they will refer you to whichever hospital that is available

Read more

Hello and congratz to u! If u would like to go the subsidized route, u can go to any polyclinic to confirm ur pregnancy and the doc will gv u a referral to a gov hospital of ur choice. If u dont want subsidized u can just walk in to any hospital of ur choice.

Thành viên VIP

Congrats!! If you direct walked in KKH the charges will be under like private... For me , I book an appt at polyclinic to check, and referral letter to KKH. So under subsidies 😁

Thank you so much, Rachel for your very detailed and informative reply! Now I understand better about how it works! Wishing you a smooth pregnancy and motherhood journey! :)

Congrats! Get referral letter from the polyclinic in order to get subsidized rate at KKH. If you want to go private hospital then you need not have to.

Super Mom

Better to call, I heard the wait is long.. if u r referred by polyclinic or gov hosp, u can get subsidized rate..

Influencer của TAP

You need to have your first check up with an ob-gynae. Ask your GP for a referral letter if you don’t know any doc.

Thành viên VIP

get a referral letter from polyclinic would be better

5y trước

If u want subsidy, going to your nearest polyclinic to get the letter would be better.

Thành viên VIP

I called before hand to make an appointment