Cooking while not being good at it

Hi all. I am a SAHM and ever since becoming one i had to cook for the family. My husband recently switched to bringing home cook food and its hard for me. My cooking is not that good and sometimes if i follow recipe the taste will still not be that nice. Any tips?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi. To correct this, just because we are SAHM does not mean that we have to take over all the housechores and cooking. I am a cook from hell, occasionally from heaven if I managed to “follow” the recipe LOL. Usually I will ask my husband to tell me what he want to eat (within my level), then I figure out. If not nice, no choice. At the very least I made the effort to try. If you want to complain, then DIY lor. If he tell me “up to you”, I will give him maggi mee or empty food. (Sis here can’t even cook a runny sunny side up 😪😭.) I will NOT cook everyday since cooking is not my passion nor do I enjoy doing it. I personally can go without food for the entire day (except dinner) so suddenly having to cook for my LO everyday is already very stressful for me. My responsibility as a SAHM is my LO. If you wanna bring home cooked food, that is provided if I have the extra time to do marketing and also to learn and cook you new food everyday else you just got to suck it up and eat whatever I’m good at cooking. In my case, definitely sandwich. 😅 Alternatively, cook broth and freeze (my husband does this so I can’t help you on how to prep this). Quick and easy meal for both LO and husband. Cook rice, heat up broth and throw all the ingredients in and let him bring to work. Else if all things fails….. just order tingkat. 😅

Read more

Practice makes perfect. YouTube videos have also been helpful to me