Anyone have issues Living with PIL?

I really quite unhappy with PIL but yet cant do anything..my husband owned a car, he pay for evrything, road tax, insurance, loan, maintenance etc. But my PIL ALWAYS OCCUPIED our car to go out every weekend, morning say want to go market, afternoon say want to go shopping, they cant stay at home at all. The point is they always go out using our car. Tried talking to my hub, other family members never contribute any single cents but always use it. (Atleast sometimes contribute petrol, cashcard also can, but nth at all) everytime petrol finish my hub pay, cashcard finish my hub top up. They jus know HOW TO USE, but nvr contribute!! Do u guys have this similar issue?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey! Same! I didn't even realize till you mentioned it! FIL is very mobile and takes MRT to his shop. But for other things, he always asks my husband to ferry him to and fro at very specific timings, then gets mad if my husband is late. And when it coincides with meal timings, husband pays for the meals mostly. FIL doesn't offer anything back. Not even a word of thanks. (Come to think of it, even I thank every single Grab/taxi rider I even though I pay for the service hahahaha) My husband is the 'never mind la, don't be calculative kind' so......that's exactly why he's the only one doing this for yearsssssss when there are other siblings who can help. The Saikang Warrior Child I guess based on their traditional mindset, their children owe them, or it's simply filial piety. To them, it's 应该的。😅

Read more
3y trước

ya, my hub also not calculative kind, always nvrmind la..i said evryone in the family members like take him for granted, all weekends the parent will ask us, later we go where eat ah? expect my hub will bring them for lunch/dinner.. ..even the elder brother of him also use my hub car to fetch his wife... i was like walao eh... $ all my hub pay....u all use till so shiok.. my hub bought the car becoz of our 2 young children, weekend bring them go out... but his family members have the mindset my hub bought car for "everyone" in the family to use. LOL!