Newborn baby with huge appetite

I need urgent advice from all mommies!! My baby girl is only 15 days old today but she is drinking a lot of milk which is starting to scare me!! From day 7 - day 14 she has been drinking 90ml formula milk each time, feeding is about once every 2 hours. Sometimes about 1 hour ++ she starts feeling hungry again, she rarely sleeps for 3 hours. From day 11 onwards she seems to still be hungry after 90ml so sometimes I do make extra milk and do till 100ml or 110ml max. Yesterday night onwards she seem to need 120ml otherwise she will just stay wide awake and keep turning her head searching for milk / put her hands in her mouth. She’s not even 4kg so 120ml seems to be too much for her (according to the advice on the milk tin 120ml is for 2 weeks - 3 months baby 4.5kg above and feeds 6 times a day but my baby girl drinks about 12 times a day). I did asked her PD which is Doctor Ang from TMC but the doctor advised to just keep feeding until she is full and had enough. She say the baby won’t continue drinking when she’s full. But that doesn’t sound very normal to me?? I’m also not sure if she’s drinking this much milk because I did not start her on the pacifier. If possible I do not wish to start her on pacifier at all. Pls give me golden tips on what to do!!! #advicepls #firsttimemom #firstbaby #First_Baby #firstTime_mom #firstmom

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Babies are smart, so they know how to refuse milk when they are full. Everything in numbers no matter where you see them are all guidelines based on average which will not apply for all babies. One common sign of over feeding is spit up/vomiting after feeding. If baby is drinking the amount well without spit ups/vomiting, producing good amount of wet diapers, active and happy then I wouldn’t worry too much. I have a friend baby drinking 150ml~160ml at 15 days old while my own baby (mix feeding) was only drinking 60ml 😅. Also, if you don’t want to introduce pacifier, can let her suckle on burp clothes or her fingers which helps them self soothe. Don’t worry 😊

Read more
1y trước

Yeah I’m having troubles burping her too!! I’m trying to decrease her intake instead because I feel that 120ml is too much for a 2 weeks old baby but it seems like nothing can be done because if she’s not full she doesn’t want to sleep and she will become cranky 😅