I am a mummy who just turn 40 this year and my work contract just ended. Is it true that at this age difficult to find a new job especially something that you like and higher pay ?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Guess it also depends on your area of interest, the current job market situation, your expectations etc. Experience counts, but if the there is limited supply of positions, the starting pay will likely be affected. Never try never know. If you can afford the time, take it as a short break and look around to find something that you would enjoy. It is likely that you would not want to be switching jobs halfway given your other commitments (family for example). :)

Read more

Well, think it depends on your interest and comfortable level and also the amount you wish to earn. Current market is very bad but that doesn't mean no jobs available. Perhaps it is either the pay is lower or same pay with more job responsibilities. If you like, you can try e-Commerce. Not too bad a market currently. Interested, pls contact me.

Read more
8y trước

Thanks yen, I would like to find out more on e commerce. Care to share ?

l don't think so. Although many jobs must has minimum education or certification required in the market nowadays, but most of the jobs still want to get new staff with work experiences. You may look out for contract job as previous time in your prefer work areas which is suit to your interest.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-13257)

Not true. I once worked with a colleague who was 50 years old and managed to get into the civil service which was her ideal work environment. She managed to get a good pay package as well.

Yes but never mind. Try doing online business or part time. Don't despair. Although it is tough but not impossible.

Read more