Is it ok to skip folic acid?

I know I have to take folic acid everyday but my nausea and vomiting has gotten worse now at week 9, so some days when i am feeling really terrible I would skip my folic acid. I feel nauseous throughout the day so there isn’t really a good and suitable time where I can pop the pills. I can eat consecutively for 2-3 days and skip a day when I dont feel well. And repeat 😅 Would like to hear from other mummies on your advises!!

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try not to skip folic acid. Take small meals and then take your tablet. I have epilepsy so my nuero gave me folic acid when we started tried to conceive. I have been taking it for 2 years now. I am at 11 weeks and everything is very smooth so far.

I can't tolerate folic acid well, so I have switched to prenatal gummies. They've got some folic acid in it, about 400mcg. I find that I can tolerate them better than the pills. :)

9mo trước

yeps I am taking Olly's :) yep the folic acid is definitely a lot lower than the pill, but, no choice. I can't tolerate the 5mg folic acid pill my gynae gives me.

You can eat food that has high in folic acid. Like avocado, i just did avocado milkshake with dazzle of chococlate hehehe.