I hope you had been in a similar situation to give me advice on this one. My friend is feeding her 6month old every hour, day and night, whenever the baby cries. She claims her lo cries for it, needs it. But its obvious that she accommodated to her baby's behaviour and isn't putting the baby on any schedule. I tried to talk to her but she doesn't want to listen. Do you have any advice on how I convince her that she's making her child behave as such and that she should try a different approach?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I also think that if a six-month old is crying every hour, it is more likely that he/she is nursing for comfort rather than out of hunger. It is tiring for your friend but if she has no complaints, there is probably no urgent need to advise her to do anything else. But if such hourly feeding schedule is tiring her out, you can highlight to her to note how much her baby is really drinking at each feeding. She can then determine if her baby just wanted to suckle for comfort. If that is the case, you can suggests to her to try other methods to comfort her child. She could also get others (husband, or other family members) to help with the comforting so that she can get more rest.

Read more