Steroid jab

Hi, I just hit week 35 and had some bloody show & irregular contractions. Gynae gave me steroid jab to mature bb lungs and anti-contraction meds for 2 weeks. Anyone before week 37 also had to jab and how long after the jab did you give birth? Please share your experience. Thank you! #pregnancy #1stimemom

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had it at 31 weeks due to preeclamsia. Baby came out at 33 weeks. I think u dun need to worry too much. The jab does not mean that your baby will come earlier, jt js for precautionary purposes. 35 weeks still looks promising, hope baby comes out after wk 37! All the best and dun worry too much

2y trước

Thank you for sharing

hi! I was 36.5wks when recommended to induce (low amniotic fluid) and given the 2 steroid jabs to mature baby's lungs, within 24hrs. 3 days later I gave birth, though I need not be induced since I was already dilated 3cm.

2y trước

Thank you for sharing

I had pre eclampsia at wk34 and took the 2 jab. Luckily I managed to drag and wait out till wk36 to induce and deliver. The jab is just for precautionary measure only. Good luck!

Gynae gave me 2 steroid jab on 2 consecutive days before I have my c section maybe 5-7days before my baby come out. My baby come out at 38 weeks exactly which I choose the date.

2y trước

Thank you for sharing

I had my jab one after another interval of 6hrs at wk31 becos my contractions began and cervix was 3cm. Given anti contraction pills, my baby came at 35wks.healthy at 2.36kg.

2y trước

Thank you for sharing

I had 2 steroid jab within 24 hours when I'm admitted at 35 weeks. on drip to delay labour but bb came out 35.5 weeks

2y trước

Thank you for sharing