3 Replies

It seems like you are experiencing an oversupply of milk, which can be quite challenging. Here are some tips to help you manage your situation: 1. **Pump Less Frequently and for Shorter Periods**: Try to decrease the frequency of pumping sessions and pump for shorter durations. This can help signal your body to produce less milk over time. 2. **Use Cold Packs or Cabbage Leaves**: Applying cold packs or cabbage leaves to your breasts can help reduce milk production. Simply place them on your breasts for 20 minutes several times a day. 3. **Hand Expression**: Consider hand expressing a small amount of milk before nursing or pumping to reduce the initial force of letdown and make it easier for your baby to latch. 4. **Block Feeding**: Block feeding involves nursing or pumping from one breast for a set number of feeds before switching to the other breast. This can help reduce milk supply. 5. **Breastfeed More Often**: Nursing more frequently can help empty the breast and signal your body to produce less milk. Ensure your baby is latched properly to avoid choking. 6. **Consult a Lactation Consultant**: If you are still struggling, consider seeking help from a lactation consultant who can provide personalized assistance and support. Remember to take care of yourself and prioritize your well-being. It's essential to find a balance that works for both you and your baby. If you continue to face challenges, don't hesitate to reach out for professional guidance. https://invl.io/cll6she

Hello, I noticed it’s from 2 months ago so I hope you’ve managed it by now! I went through the same thing as well for 2 months with no help as everyone just says how amazing it is to have so much supply. UNTRUE! Blocked ducts, engorgement and mastitis is no joke. I ended up doing very extensive research and have slowly and persevered to wean off. The key was to never ever pump till empty. Also do not over massage as that stimulates more supply. Learn proper massage to clear the blocked ducts and not the lactation massage. Use warm compress before pump or feed while clearing blocked ducts. And cold pack between feeds to calm the pain. Take the sunflower lechitin as well. Also took ibuprofen if you have no allergies for the pain and inflammation. In the end I managed to wean off in a few weeks and it was quite drastic as I believe I put my mind to it and eventually it ended. So we started formula at 3 months. Hope it worked out for you!

First thing, take a breath and relax… I have same experience too with my first child. My child too always choke during bf. What I do is I followed what my doc teach me. During breastfeeding your child, hold and let go your nipple. This is to control the amount and pressure of the milk go out when your child suck the nipple thus prevents her from choking. Set time how long the gap you want to bf your child. Every 2 hours? every 3 hours? Every 4 hours? You set your timing. If you still feel your breast heavy with milk after feeding your baby, then pump out the balance. Or you can also do like this: give feed 1 breast, and pump out the other breast. Then for next session feeding, give the one that you pump before and pump out the other one. It’s normal to get breast engorgement if your child not latching correctly every time bf. Me too get so much stress during that time but I’m able to manage it at last 😌

Trending Questions