Confinement nanny necessary?

I have a helper and my mother will be living with me during confinement period. What's the main benefits for having a nanny? #adviceplease

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

list down the chores and confirm with your mother what is she able to help with. indeed baby will just eat sleep poop initially... so u can sleep after they eat and fall asleep... but whether do u need to do any chores (washing bottles, household chores etc)? speaking from experience as my mother came over n did not help much on household chores. she did bathe baby, cook red date tea for me. rest of the time she will tell me let my hubby wash everything and do all other chores while i rest. so obviously i also feel bad letting my hubby do everything when he still working and also lack of sleep.. so end up i also did some chores, meaning i didnt get enuff rest. so it would be good to confirm with ur mum what she will be helping with (eg bathing, changing diaper) and ur helper doing the usual chores... and for convenience sake it might be better getting confinement meals sent to u unless ur mum n helper can cook those... u will also need to be comfortable letting them do the chores (eg washing bottles and pump parts require v good hygiene and proper cleaning). good luck and enjoy motherhood!!

Read more