Gdm Diet

I have gdm and I'm told by my dietician to just adjust my food intake such as less sugar, oily food and carbo consumption. But healthy are very expensive nowadays, especially when people are buying in bulk. Anyone who has been through it can recommend me some examples? I have a list of examples given but I would like to know how you guys do it. Anyway I'm a full time mom student currently 8 months pregnant with an 11 month old baby girl.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

These are my sample meals when I was pregnant with GDM Breakfast - oatmeal, boiled egg, low fat milk Avocado, toast, egg, low fat milk Wholemeal bread, omellete, low fat milk Snack - homemade popcorn (i used olive oil) - Frozen mashed avocado with low fat milk and stevia (when i'm craving for ice cream) - Kiwi - wholemeal bread and butter - nuts like wallnut, pistachio and almonds Lunch/dinner - pan grilled salmon with brocolli - chicken or pork stew with green leafy veggies + half cup brown rice - roasted chicken + potato - beef stew - stir fry beef + brown rice Basically you just need to cut carbs, sugat and eat more protein and fiber

Read more
Super Mom

It’s not easy but adjustments can be advised by nutritionists. Best to eat soup stuff like yong tau foo with less rice or whole grain noodles. Low GI Bread - gardenia and sunshine brand have. Basmati or brown rice instead of white rice. Smaller portions too. Steamed meat/ fish instead of fried and braised. Less gravy cause that’s where the oil, sugar are. Low fat milk and no sugar soya bean drinks. For salads - less dressing or none. No bbt - even if it’s 0% sugar cause their toppings are sweet too (I tried) Most important is to walk during the 2 hours after food. The longer and more active the better!

Read more
Super Mom

Cut down sugar & white rice. Opt for brown rice and basmati. Eat half portion of ur usual meal, substitute with protein and veggie. When hungry in between meals, can go for yogurt , nuts and milk. Your doc will advise you on it. And also, u will also be measuring ur glucose level, so that shld act as an indicator for u too

Read more
Super Mom

Cut down on sugar like no sugar drinks and fruits. Healthy ones like avocado is ok