Collagen Powder

I have been taking this daily for 2 years... I am now 3 weeks pregnant and wondering if I need to stop? I plan to ask my gynae in Wk 8 when I see him, but for now, can anyone advise please? Much appreciated to all!

Collagen Powder
5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congratulations on your pregnancy! It's great that you are being proactive and seeking advice on whether you should continue taking collagen powder now that you are 3 weeks pregnant. While it's always best to consult with your gynecologist for personalized advice, it is generally recommended to avoid certain supplements during pregnancy, especially in the early stages. Collagen powder is often used for its skin and joint health benefits. However, during pregnancy, it's essential to be cautious about the supplements you take to ensure the safety of both you and your baby. Some supplements may not have enough research on their effects during pregnancy. It would be wise to pause taking the collagen powder until you have consulted with your gynecologist at week 8. They will be able to provide you with tailored advice based on your health status and pregnancy progress. Remember to focus on a healthy and balanced diet during pregnancy to ensure you are getting essential nutrients for you and your baby's well-being. Stay hydrated, eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. If you have any concerns about your nutrient intake, you can consider discussing prenatal supplements with your gynecologist. Prenatal vitamins are specifically formulated to support the increased nutrient needs during pregnancy. Always prioritize open communication with your healthcare provider to address any questions or concerns you may have during this precious time. Wishing you a healthy and smooth pregnancy journey ahead! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Marine collagen is unsafe for now. Switch to just eat gelatine jello. Is still collagen !😂 plus i think this brand vitamin c is high content and if you take prenatal vitamins. I think is too much!

Suggest to stop first! Asked my gynae before and she said it’s better to stop especially in trimester 1, just in case.

Better stop first? Not sure if there is mercury in marine collagen

💕