I hate how my husband keep giving LO suck pacifier. I don't agree with this and he is like only pacifier can make him calm and sleep. My LO is only 1 month plus.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there. It is really true that pacifier can calm babies because the suckling action is very soothing for the brain - that's why sometimes hospitals have to resort to pacifier for babies who needs to be limited in their milk intake. Suckling is very soothing. I am for pacifier, having brought up on pacifier and gave my son pacifier. There will not be nipple confusion from pacifier (verified with a LC) and babies are very smart to know the difference. Some babies will outgrow it themselves or next time just don't give and ave a few nights of meltdown. What important now is how intend to put baby to sleep if not giving pacifier? Do u have another soother? Some babies like hugging things, or suck thumb (which is another pacifier too) or some babies like to be rocked (u will be rocking forever and this is even more tiring when baby older). Some babies are tapped to sleep. So is there something else that can work effectively? I think both of u are trying ur best and could be tired so its best to know what else can work if not pacifier. I prefer to have baby fast asleep, easy for the parent putting baby to sleep and everyone gets to rest well

Read more