Worried about birth with big baby

I had my 32+4 week scan and baby is weighing 2.2kg. Gynae told me to watch my diet and walk 10k steps daily so that baby will be 3.2kg at birth/birth will be easier. I actually don’t overeat in general, only brunch and dinner everyday and sweet treat once a week (started craving for sweet stuff in third tri). Feeling abit stressed with controlling my diet or eating when I’m hungry now because I’m so afraid I’m causing baby to be big size :( Any mummies with similar experience with bigger babies? I just need some advice and reassurance 😢 #firstbaby #FTM

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

same! gynae also told me my bb will be over 3.2kg at birth and to exercise and diet. i didnt do both as my thigh was hurting even from walking due to bb position inside tummy and I felt super hungry and upset when I dont eat as and when I would like to. i dont overeat too as I had gestational diabetes then. my bb was 2.9kg at birth 😄 i feel you can stil eat what you like to but try smaller portions? that way you stay happy and kinda "watch" your diet too 😆

Read more

Hello! My gynae also mentioned I have a big baby, but pls pls dun control ur diet too much until ure too stressed up or unhappy, which is even worst for the baby n ur mental health. Opt for C-sect if baby is too big.