I got a sudden urge when I'm angry that I hurt my baby then I cry cause I know its not his fault. Please any advice to stop myself for this. Poor baby. I get angry/stressed out when he doesn't want to sleep/ I can't do house chores. 10 months postpartum. :(

6 Các câu trả lời
 profile icon
Viết phản hồi

Hello, You know it perhaps happen with most of women. Well! By saying this I do not mean that it is right. I myself remember once slapping my daughter when she was hardly one and half year old. She started crying for no reason and I just do not know I was not able to bear her cries and I got up and slapped her twice or may be thrice on her cheek. She got really scared and sobbed to sleep when I later took her in my arms. Now, she is 6 year old, and the guilt of slapping the little baby back then for no fault of hers, still haunts me. I suggest, try to be clam. Since, you know that you loose your patience, you either leave that room and let the baby cry for a while. It would not matter. Go to the bathroom, calm yourself down and come re-energised to handle the baby. Make yourself a cup of coffee. Leave all household chores and just be with the baby. We get stressed because there are so many things we give importance to or so many things of day to day are lined up, and we have to finish them all along with taking care of the child. SO, when the baby throws tantrums, do not still continue to multi-task. Leave whatever you re doing. If you will not wash dishes for the day or the house is not cleaned at a scheduled time, Earth will not shatter. So, take things easy. Slow down your pace. Remember, these days with your baby are not going to come back. Cherish them. https://sittingonthebaby.com/2012/04/21/when-a-crying-baby-makes-you-so-angry-you-might-hurt-them/ https://childdevelopmentinfo.com/how-to-be-a-parent/angry_child/

Đọc thêm
8y trước

thank you. will take note of this. i know i need some anger management but I don't know where to start. thanks

Hi, I can understand that one gets angry at times managing kids tantrums but no matter what you cannot hit the baby. You will have to practice some anger management techniques. I hope you must be aware of countries that put you behind bars for hitting the child, even if its your own, and if proved guilty it would be a daunting task to get back the child's custody. So, feel lucky that you are in not any such country, but at the same time you should not take it for granted. I know you understand how precious your child is for you, and all the feelings come in a fit of anger. See, anger too is an emotion but it is not an emotion that does good to anyone, so it is better that we keep it under control. I suggest that when your baby cries instead of patting him to sleep or to shut her up, distract her. Engage her in some activity so she stops crying. Get her toys that can keep her engaged. Give her kitchen dishes to play drum or things alike. And for yourself, do some meditation, and yoga. Basically, take out time for yourself. Be it half an hour in a day, have your own time, where you are just with yourself. Talk to your husband, as when he back from office, you can go out for walk and stuff. Else, you can keep a day help who can lend a hand in taking care of the child. See, if you will be happy and give time to yourself, you will be happily able to handle the baby's tantrums with ease.

Đọc thêm

hi..same here i also hurt my baby sometime especially if shes so sleepy and cant get it..and i just say sorry to her and promise not to do it again although i cant stop my hand and mouth..what i do is i try to control my anger and looking at her melt my heart so ill just carry her and put to sleep withouth hurting and shouting..

Đọc thêm

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-27357)

Oh no.. You need to seek help from family members or better yet, professional help so as not to hurt your baby further. It's postpartum depression, I suppose, and it needs to be given immediate attention.

I experience that too. Whenever I feel the urge to hurt my daughter because she jas done something wrong, the inner me speaks "don't, it's unecessary".