Night/Dark

I got so frustrated.. Is it really a must to bottle feed or latch baby in the dark using a night light as well for changing diaper? Feel so difficult to see and do with minimal light. Can we use the ceiling warm light instead? Also after bottle feed or latch if baby sleep already do we need to check on their diaper or just let them sleep?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

During the newborn days up to abt 2.5 months, I wld usually change diaper as soon as baby woke up then breastfed her to slp. If she peed again, I'd just let her sleep and wld change again after she wake up 2-3 hours later. If she pooed then no choice gotta wash and change. But since she's abt 3 months old, she has been sleeping longer for abt 4-5 hours and so far till now at 4 months, she never does big business at night so I wld not change her till the next morning. So far she's fine, no leaks, no rashes. For the lights, my toilet and room lights can change colour so we usually put on dimmed red light at night as it is scientifically proven to help ppl sleep better. It's bright enough for me to change baby's diaper and helps baby to stay asleep too while changing her.

Read more

I use a side warm light that is bright enough for me to see everything (I put face up) but at the same time light not direct to the extend baby will be disturbed by it. If no poopoo, I will always check after feeding, if full then change before I sleep (I definitely don’t want to change my bedsheets at night). Usually baby will just sleep thru diaper change at night. Anyways, regardless of what light you use, it’s up to you. End of the day, baby will eventually get used to it.

Read more

We tried to stay in the dim light so baby wouldn’t wake up. About changing of diapers, it depends on the baby age. Since my baby started sleeping through the night at about 2.5mo, we stopped changing her diaper in the middle of the night. But when she was younger, yes, we changed it religiously after or half way during a feeding.

Read more
2mo trước

It was roughly about 120ml per feed. We gradually reduced the mid night feeding times, eg from 5am to 4am, then to 3am, and eventually at 11pm, when baby started to sleep longer at night.