I give up. My baby has been falling sick ever since he was enrolled in infant care when he was 7 months old. 3 months have passed and he has been falling sick and recover, then fall sick again etc. Really very heart pain. I feel like I've failed as a mom for allowing him to go through so much sickness but I have no choice, need to work as we are financially not able to have jus a sole breadwinner. Feeling very sad. Wonder if I should pull him out from infant care but I'll still be stuck with who to help me take care when I'm at work :(

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If some adjustments to ur lifestyle can afford one person to stay at home, maybe u can consider. However, it's v common for children to fail sick at the ifc or cc. if u think of it another way, ur child's immune system is having a good workout from falling sick and being immune to those stuff - which in the future when baby goes to playgroup or other play areas, it will still be the same and those who have been exposed before will fall sick less. Some people consider giving baby flu vaccine or probiotics/colostrum so those are also options that u can consider. Another possibility is finding a nany. Don't need to feel like a failed mum. A lot of pple also experience the same thing as most families are dual income families and not everyone got luxury of extended family to help. It's a long phase but it is a phase ;)

Read more