When to see doctor

I just found out that I'm pregnant. When should I go and see the doctor?

When to see doctor
10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

can go polyclinic take referral letter already, if you planning for subsidiary rate for start to save some cost.. otherwise can book with private.. if you are OK to go for doctor appointment before week 8 (which is around 4 weeks after missing your period) where sometimes sac may or may not be seen then please go ahead so that they can check if your pregnancy is normal.. usually they will prescribe folic acid to you to eat until end of week 11 before changing to multivitamin.. if you prefer to go hospital at week 8 onwards so got heartbeat all that then must make sure to eat your own folic acid daily.. anyway congrats !!!!

Read more

congrats!!! as a first time mom myself, I went in 3 days after I found out I was pregnant at around 4 weeks and a few days but it was too early. I was told to reschedule again 2 weeks later for the scan and by then could see bb heartbeat at 6 weeks and 2 days. Suggest you call the clinic and check, they probably will ask you to schedule at 6 weeks earliest. :) take care and do take folic acid!

Read more

Congrats! after 8 weeks, if you go any earlier you might not see anything or hear any heartbeats .. when i made a call to book an appointment, gynae suggested to come in only at 8 weeks .. i think 9 or 10 weeks is the best .. i counted i was 8 weeks but i actually was only 7 weeks 3 days and can just see a bean . lol .

Read more

i recommend making an appt at poly so that you have access to the subsidized route. Poly will give you referral letter so you’ll be a subsidized patient and the hospital you choose will usually schedule you in a few weeks time. if you prefer to be a private patient, you can wait till later to make an appt straight with the hospital.

Read more
2y trước

yes you can request for hospital of your choice. Just be sure to let the doc at poly know your preference.

Congratulations!! it's the happiest moment. I went to see gynea around 5th week which was one week after I missed my menses, able to see a sac but heartbeat was not detected. Baby heartbeat was detected by 8th week. Seeing gynea in 8th week is recommended. However, no harm to see gynea earlier, to enjoy the happy moment.

Read more

congrats! dont have to go too early. around 6 weeks will be a great timing. just remb to take folic acid til 12 weeks.

congrats. 😄 you can make appointment in polyclinic to get referral letter if u wish to on subsidised route

Congrats!! You should go and see a dr immediately to do a blood test and get e necessary meds…

some gynea only see after 8 weeks. you can call and check.

congratulations..u can go polyclinic get reefer letter take care

2y trước

sorry if private I'm not sure but for government hospital is a yes maybe u can called private hospitals for enquiry