Postpartum anxiety

Hi I am a first time mom and I am experiencing postpartum anxiety. I am worried I don't know how to take care of my newborn and I get flustered when she cries. There is a confinement nanny to help me but I am worried I can't cope by myself if I were to take care of baby alone at home. Taking care and bringing up a child is very new to me. Pls help. #pleasehelp #FTM #advicepls #firsttimemom #firstbaby

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Observe nanny’s way of handling, ask whatever you need to know before she leaves. Get your husband to be involved too so he can help out whenever he’s free. Things will be easier if there are two people at it. Newborn days they basically just sleep and more sleep. Few things they may cry are usually (milk, diapers, gas, needs soothing). After nanny leaves, it’s just the same routine. The hard part is not taking care of your newborn but managing the lack of sleep due to having to pump. I was once in your position, only thing is I don’t have a nanny so I have to learn everything on my own since day 1 which I find that it helps because that way I’m more hands-on. Trust yourself, if you need help and have the help available, use it. Don’t think about things that have yet to happen, don’t overthink (it will only stress you out), take one step at a time. I cried when my confinement is ending because that means my husband won’t be around and it’s just me, turns out, it’s actually not as bad as I thought. Overtime you’ll be able to understand your baby’s cries/cues and schedules, it will get easier and better. 😊

Read more
9mo trước

hi. FTM here too. feeling the same as you. equally anxious and stressed about not being good enough to care for my lil one (9 days old). just want to say that, you are not alone.