How do you deal with pregnancy envy?

I am feeling down seeing posts and people around me that are of the same age with babies and toddlers, basically children of their own. Seeing posts of pregnancy and baby toys when I have been TTC for awhile now. I have no children and been having baby fever for quite sometime now. It has been really difficult juggling being happy for them but also wanting and desiring the same for myself. How do you manage your emotions if you have ever experienced something similar to this? #ttc #pregnancyenvy #Sadness #babyfever As I am in my 30s, there's always a worry at the back of my mind that I could never bare children or it'll be too late

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

its really hard. I felt this when I lost my first pregnancy at 8 weeks. my sister in law was pregnant, as well as 2 other colleagues in office who announced their pregnancy when I had the miscarriage. it hit even harder when I was told to cover them during their maternity leave while dealing with the pain of my own loss. it didn't help when my boss knew and was insensitive to ask the preggers abt the pregnancy in my presence. sister in law was also happily sharing her pregnancy in my presence even though they knew. I wish ppl were more sensitive. it was tormentous but I eventually decided not to dwell over it and just stay positive that well, I can be happier without kids perhaps. my gynae advised to not get pregnant for 3 months and rest. to our surprise I got pregnant right on the first try ultimately I think with or without kids, we need to be happy and look forward to life with our partners. People with kids might not be happy for sure. chin up and wishing you all the best. stay happy and keep yourself healthy

Read more
1y trước

Thank you for your advice.. I'm sorry you had the bad experience and yes I agree when people who knew our condition and yet be insensitive about it. Congrats on ur little bundle of joy! I'll take ur word on it about being happy in any circumstances life gives us 😊