Family Travel

I feel vry upset, since married till now my PIL will stick with us when we go travel. Issue is when they follow us, we need to bear all their cost as well. Me and my husband feel it is quite burden as we need to pay the cost for our children and PIL. Now we cant go anywhere at all coz they wan to stick with us even short trip to malaysia/staycation they also wan to follow..... whatelse we can do... my husband also got other siblings, but my PIL only stick to us....feeling it is unfair...

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Perhaps you should tell your spouse to speak with your PIL pertaining this. Let them know that for once you wish to have just family time without them. Or plan a staycaytion/holiday without them knowing (if this is possible) It's like secretly planning without them following you. You can also let your spouse know to have the siblings to bring their own parents instead of you. If the next time they follow, you should be firm that the cost will be on them not you or spouse. We all need $ for savings too and to pay for someone else even family is a lot of $ too. Hope it helps one way or another.

Read more
1y trước

Im sorry if it was me, I would tell the siblings if parents want to follow, help pay the cost too. Otherwise, they can have the parents over at their house while you both travel. I mean lets be rational and fair, no more no travel. Yes, once awhile can be done but not all the time. We do need family time too. So yeah. But in all due, when I convey this message to them has to be respectful, indirectly telling them what I am expecting in order for the message to get across.

Husband should take first crack at telling them. You can also say that you need personal travel time. Easier said than done I know but hopefully a straightforward talk helps