Baby stopped sleeping through the night at 3 months

I feel so down and sad and tired. My baby used to sleep through the night starting from 2.5months. Every single day. Really slept from 6pm to 5am next morning. No night feedings no fussiness no crying. But suddenly last 2 days, exactly when he turns 3 months, suddenly he refused to nap, did not sleep until 9+pm and even woke up in the middle of the night crying. Today he cried so bad uncontrollably without reason for like 15 mins straight. And he’s more fussy/cranky out of nowhere. Not his feeding time, stomach not bloated etc. Is this growth spurt ? Or just random stage of his life. Im so tired and drained out and really miss when he slept through the night and slept early. Im scared he will no longer sleep through the night anymore 😭 And yes i did what i usually do. Close all light except small night light, no talking, white noise, swaddle, change diaper, feed etc. #FTM

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is normal mummy don’t worry! They are growing at an incredibly fast rate! Thus every developmental period be it physical growth spurts or even cognitive growth spurts will constantly happen time to time. According to my own experiences, it doesn’t last for an extensive amount of time, but different babies will have different timelines and patterns. I completely understand the exhaustion, especially if you’ve already tried almost everything. However it will pass mummy, and your LO will be so blessed that you’re doing what you can to make them feel safe and loved through all these changes. Because if we’re alr so tired, imagine what our tiny little humans are going through and unable to voice out 🥺 You can do it mummy! 🥰

Read more

This happens from time to time. My baby used to sleep through the night since 2.5mo too, from 10-7am. Things changed when she hits 4mo and learns to roll. Ever since, she rolls and rolls in her sleep. Yes it’s exhausting but it will get better.