unemployed and pregnant

i am currently so worried for the future because i am unemployed and pregnant. my husband is the only one working. even so, what he earns is just enought for both us. what more when the baby arrives. i found out i was pregnant the day i went for job interview. what are the odds, eh? 2 days after the interview i was offered the job. however i decided to tell the HR i was pregnant and was told the company do not hire pregnant women. previously, i had miscarriage. resigned and i took awhile to go back to work. now that i am ready, God grant me another baby. i just need to rant. if any mummies out there who has similar experience pls share. i need assurance that everything is going to turn out okay. my husband doesnt complain that im not working. he even assures me everyday that its okay and all he wants is for me and the baby to be healthy. but i feel so guilty for putting all the burden onto my husband :(

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mommy congrats on ur pregnancy!! There is actually never a right time for such life changing matters. Don’t feel guilty! Like my hubby always said, money can always be earned in the future haha. What’s most important now is that your hubby and you take care of each other. Everyone has a role to play and now your role is to have a healthy marriage & pregnancy and prepare for parenthood. In this way, you can help guide your hubby in this wonderful but oh so difficult journey. Do rmb that it’s co-parenthood and if he doesn’t feel the need to takeover your role (which he can’t), you shouldn’t feel the need to play the same role as him too. Your role is no mean feat too! I can tell you from my experience that mommies have it way more difficult haha. Most of the expenses for the first year are once off purchases and you can help by sourcing for good deals or even better look for hand me downs! You can also take this time to plan how to manage the finances when baby is born. E.g. vaccinations can be done at polyclinic since it is cheaper, what you can do with baby bonus Anyways hiring a nanny or ifc costs money too. So this is a portion saved too! Happy mama = happy baby! Jiayou!

Read more
5y trước

Most welcomed! Really glad it helps! Do continue to share your feelings if and when needed ya? ;) have a blessed pregnancy