Not excited at all, always feeling down.

I am currently only 9+ weeks and having a very tough time with my pregnancy. I have been eating only plain crackers for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The sight, smell and even the thought of food makes me nausea. I am salivating so much and my mouth always have that weird bitter taste. Each time i try to eat something, i will vomit them which makes me feeling hungry and more nausea . I cannot sleep at night, it is so uncomfortable sleeping on my right and left side. Thus, i sleep on my back which in turn gave me backaches. I am so exhausted, frustrated and stress. I cry all the time. My face is full of acne which makes me feel so ugly. At times I just don't want to get out of bed, I almost hating life itself. I know i should be grateful but it is so hard to feel any positivity when you are so ill and almost depressed. Maybe I expected that pregnancy is going to be enjoyable, as what most women make it seems like but, this is not what i thought it would be. Am i the only one feeling this way? #firstbaby #advicepls #pleasehelp

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

First trimester is the worst! Most mummies would agree. Only a handful has symptom-less first trimester and they can count themselves fortunate. Even then, having symptoms is actually a positive sign that your progesterone levels are high = baby growing safely and well. I would be worried if I didn’t have any symptoms during first trimester. You have another 3-4 weeks more before first trimester suffering will most likely be alleviated when you enter 2nd trimester. Mine alleviated by week 14/15 just as most mummies. Keep on! On sleeping, you can try alleviating the back aches with extra pillows of different height. It helped me a lot. If it fails, you can ask hubs to gently massage your back or use a roller device. You can also try swimming and stretching - just 5 mins stretching everyday makes a huge difference to the aches for me. Exercise can also create more endorphins so you’ll tend to feel happier. Face wise don’t worry it’s just a phase. Try using tea tree oil from body shop to soothe them? And use sensitive skin pharmacy products they usually work well. Remember to put on sun block too even at home - I had pregnancy melasma but it went away after a diligent skincare routine. Take good care!

Read more
2y trước

hang in there mummy, my doctor tell me the worse I feel, the happier she is. because means baby growing well. and she assured me even if I throw up the entire first tri and not eat anything, the baby will have enough nutrients, so don't worry about that part. I find that going for short walks and some fresh air helps. your mental well being is important too. stretches can help alleviate your backaches or my hubby will help me massage gently on the back. I tried diluted lemon water. very refreshing. and lemon water supported to turn alkaline in our stomach, so it sort of helps neutralise my acid reflux a little. check with yr gynae for probiotics. it helps me with my bloating and indigestion. my hubby got me 1 in powdered form that does not have any smell or taste. skimmed milk, oats and tasteless starchy carbs helps to bring down that acid reflux I always feel because of prolonged empty stomach. and steaming hot food. so plain hot porridge works for me. hope u get better soon!