Hi, can I add herb seasoning to my baby's food? The ingredients in the seasoning are Organic onion, organic garlic, organic black pepper, organic tomato, organic bell pepper, organic carrot, organic orange peel, organic celery, organic sage, organic rice concentrate, organic cumin, organic thyme, organic oregano, organic rosemary. Another one has: Organic onion, organic garlic, organic spices (including organic black pepper, organic parsley, organic chili pepper, organic mustard, organic coriander, organic cumin), organic orange peel, organic lemon essential oil. Thank you.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it depends on the age of ur baby and what baby has alrdy been exposed to in terms of his food intake? Personally I won't because I prefer to let baby have as un-altered taste as possible and if baby have an allergic reaction to it I won't know which and why really caused it. But still u could just go ahead and try and maybe baby will be fine with it all? Really a personal choice. I would give if my baby is much older - say abt 1 yr or more?

Read more

Yes why not? esp in western cooking, herbs are added to pasta sauce, stews etc. You can also consider buying fresh herbs to use first to ensure you baby doesn't have any allergic reaction. Btw I notice the last ingredient is organic lemon "essential oil". Personally I won't let my baby ingest essential oil. If you want to use lemon, you can squeeze some fresh lemon juice (great for fish!)

Read more

It sounds delicious however i would only suggest you to add those seasoning when baby has alrd turned 1yo. It is not too gd to give them seasoning at young age. Also, best to use fresh herb. Pls do not use essential oil on baby's food.

i used herbs on my baby food before only after they turn 1 yo. for the lemon eo i replace it with lemon zest

Thành viên VIP

Seems good. Do go light with the seasonings first to see baby's reaction.

I will try individual ingredients before using the herb seasonings

Yup, they sound really tasty.