I am absolutely fed up of being the sole bread winner in the house. The kids are 7 and 9. I am frustrated that my Wife keeps saying she needs to not work and stay at home to take care of the kids. The kids go to school and we have a part time maid who comes in twice a week. How do I get her to go back to the workforce instead of sitting at home and spending all my hard earned Money?

59 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Hey daddy, I'm sorry that you're feeling frustrated - but I'd just like to add some input as a mum (if you don't mind!). You may have a part-time helper that comes in regularly, but I'm pretty sure that it doesn't resolve all the household chores at home. Cooking for the family, cleaning up the house, looking after the kids' homework, grocery shopping, maintaining the house cleanliness and toiletries, picking up the kids etc - the list goes on and on! What I'm trying to say is, there might be more things your wife is looking after at home than just "taking care of the kids" - especially when your 7-year-old is probably just entering primary 1 and 9-year-old is transitioning to upper primary soon :) Another reason for her persistence could be because she's been out of the workforce for a long time, it's not easy taking the first steps out after having kids - most workplaces aren't very open to hiring women with kids (or even intending to have kids) because of issues like childcare leave and family emergencies. If you're worried about family finances, I'd say the best thing you can do is to sit down calmly and talk things over with your wife - find out what's troubling her over work issues and see if there's anything you can do to work out your finances and family budgeting together :) If need be, you can also look into ways your wife can earn income at home - there's so many places and ways to earn income from home now, it doesn't necessarily have to be an office job!

Read more