I am absolutely fed up of being the sole bread winner in the house. The kids are 7 and 9. I am frustrated that my Wife keeps saying she needs to not work and stay at home to take care of the kids. The kids go to school and we have a part time maid who comes in twice a week. How do I get her to go back to the workforce instead of sitting at home and spending all my hard earned Money?

59 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Talk to your wife with respect. I have grew up with a full time mom at home. She sacrificed a lot by giving up her career to be a stay at home mom. As years gone by, ur wife had probably lost confidence in herself to go back to work or maybe being a mom is what she is good at, and it is probably the proudest moment of her life. Either way, u need to talk to her with respect without diminishing her self esteem in any way. Being a sole bread winner doesn’t mean you get to decide her life for her. Being a stay at home mom, is not easy, no matter how old your kids are. Before you judge your wife with the help that she needs, do you help out with chores? With the part time maid who only comes in 2 times a week, means, your wife probably only gets help for sweeping, mopping the floor, wiping the windows and wiping the fans. What about the dishes, cooking, teaching ur kids their homework, laundry and etc? It’s not easy to keep a house in order. On the other hand, if your wife does go back to work, is there anyone that ur family can trust to take care of your 7 and 9 year old? It’s one of the crucial age where they are going into teenager Year soon. There’s so many scenarios that you have to think of, and it’s not just about money. I have turned out amazing thanks to my stay at home mom. So I am very thankful and have great respect to all the moms who chose this path willingly. Just talk to your wife with sincerity, discuss, talk about ur problem and in turn listen to her point of views.

Read more