I am absolutely fed up of being the sole bread winner in the house. The kids are 7 and 9. I am frustrated that my Wife keeps saying she needs to not work and stay at home to take care of the kids. The kids go to school and we have a part time maid who comes in twice a week. How do I get her to go back to the workforce instead of sitting at home and spending all my hard earned Money?

59 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i can understand the financials are getting to you. but it is also possible that she wants to stay home to care for the kids, even though they are 7 and 9 and can take basic care of themselves. you have a part time maid but who will care for the kids when you both go to work? you will then have to pay for a full time nanny or daycare, which also costs a lot. if possible, ask her if she can help out from home by taking up a work from home option for now. or maybe a part-time job that lets her come home by the time the kids are back. this can give her the confidence to earn, without suddenly going back into the workforce after being a stay at home mom.

Read more