Baby weight

Hi i am 32 weeks pregnant and when i last saw the doctor he told me the baby is 1.17kg is it something i should be worried aboit, how do i increase the baby weight? Thank you

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby was very small too when I had preterm labour contractions at 34wks. Given medication and bed rest to try and keep the baby in longer. Meanwhile I drank avocado shake every day and eat durians too (provided your blood sugar is okay). End up my baby was born 2.9kg.

3y trước

Hwats the weight at 34 wks ? Which mth did you deliver

yes, baby lesser than 2kg need to be inNICU until he/she gets 2kg. When I was 32 weeks pregnant, my baby weight was only 1.5kg. Gynae said very small. I try to eat lots of durians,eat 5 times a day and drink materna milk. Baby was born at 2.2kg on 36weeks.

3y trước

hi thanks so much for replying! 33 weeks 1.2kg... baby kicks strongly though. started eating durian yesterday haha

Yes you should or your baby will be out in the NICU until he/she gains weight. Drink materna milk, avocado shake or like me, I ate 2 double cheeseburger daily until my baby gained 2.4kg (preterm baby but went home the next day).

3y trước

Which wk did you deliver

Yes very worrying . I agree with durians , but eat in moderation . Drink materna milk and eat a bigger portion that includes carbo proteins veg and fruits .

hi I'm in similar situation. 33 weeks 1.2kg. which week did u deliver and how heavy? look forward to your reply thanks!

why u nv ask doctor lei?