My husband and I are thinking of a date night for our wedding anniversary but my 4 months old baby refuses the bottle* and also only wants me to carry if not he will cry..... Since I am going back to work next month, we were thinking of using this opportunity to start training him by leaving him with my parents (technically he should be familiar with them but he also doesn't allow carrying) take care of him for 4 hours while we go out. Have any of you with similar experience? Will this progressive training work? How long is it fair to let him cry out? Or should we just eat at the kopitiam downstairs so that we can run back up if needed? *we have tried different bottles and I will go out of the house for that few minutes and let the other caregiver feed him but nothing works

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! Here's an article you can refer to: http://sg.theasianparent.com/when-baby-refuses-to-be-bottle-fed/ Since you have tried different teats and having another person feed him, no harm trying the other suggestions mentioned too. One of my friends was in a similar situation and ended up feeding her baby using a dropper when she is no available. She then transit to a cup when her baby is older. So, no bottles for her baby at all. A tad more troublesome but at least she need not worry about feeding her baby when her girl refused the bottle. Hope this help and happy anniversary (I do hope you got a night off to celebrate!!).

Read more
8y trước

Thank you for your sharing! But apart from the bottles, he doesn't let others carry too. So he might end up crying from the moment I leave the house. Is that bad?