infant care arrangements

How is your infant care arrangement like? Worried that i might not have sufficient time to travel from work to centre to pick up baby. do you put your infant near home or near workplace? staying at punggol but work in orchard. to and fro about an hour. means baby have to be in centre so early yet get picked up late. feel so guilty about it #advicepls also any good recc for IFC around punggol?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We are both working, father works at Harbour Front from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM, and mother works at Paya Lebar from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. We both know that we are unable to pick up our baby by 7:00 PM due to our work commitments. Therefore, we sent our baby to a private infant care at Harbour Front, which is located opposite to father's office. This private infant care center closes at 8:00 PM. Our baby has to leave home no later than 6:45 AM. If the father can leave the office by 6:15 PM, he will reach home at around 7:30 to 8:00 PM. if you have someone to help you pick up baby, it will be ideal to look for IFC at Punggol, or else Orchard will be the only option.

Read more

Really depends on who is able to fetch ur baby before the closing time. Most of my friends wld send their kids to a childcare near their workplace if journey frm home to workplace is v far. For myself, we're lucky tt both hubby and I work in the East and stays in the East too. Hubby's start time is later than me so he usually is able to send our son to an IFC near our home before he goes to work. If he comes home late, I wld fetch my boy.

Read more

I work at orchard and stays at Punggol too. We send our baby to infant care nearer to work, so we drop him off before work and pick him up after work before heading home. Same like you, we could be late for pickup, even if we leave work on the dot. Currently we’re also exploring to have him back to Punggol and work 8-5 instead of 9-6.

Read more

staying in punggol too, currently looking for IFC too, for my POV is better to enroll near to home plus point if ur family members stay nearby so if there's any emergency you can get any of ur Family to fetch first etc. in punggol area there's numbers of IFC too, u can visit ECDA portal to find nearby IFC near u.

Read more

We wanted nearer to home coz i work around potong pasir/geylang bahru there and currently my gal is in PG (she was in ifc at same plc) at a sch within a camp. Its very mafan.. lucky daddy works around there so easy for him pick.

Nearer to home is better and request to work 8-5pm instead. Take turns between you and your husband to send and fetch. So when I work 8am, my husband will send him in, and I will pick him up cos i knock off at 5pm.

Nearer to home better. Poor baby have to travel with you all the way worst if u go by public morning rush. Esp somedays they might be cranky.

I stay in Punggol and work in the red line too. So I send my child to IFC along my work area so that its easier to take her home too!

Near home is better...