How to tell people not to kiss their baby

How do you tell people not to kiss your baby, esp when theyre newborn. Especially for old people who dont take no for an answer and will think we’re being rude. Im planning to not let anyone kiss my baby, be it grandparents, in laws etc, except for me & husband. And do you let guest hold your newborn or pass around? I just want to protect my baby and set boundaries but you know old people 🙄 very hard to explain theyre always right and some would even go against it and just do it #firsttimemom #advicepls

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For mil, I let my husband tell her and we personally don’t kiss baby infront of her so we tell her “even we don’t kiss her, please don’t kiss her” (main reason is also because she smokes). If don’t want to comply then don’t come near baby then. I only allowed visits when baby completed first vaccination and even so, 2-3 pax at once. I will gauge if baby is starting to feel uncomfortable then I will take baby back. But most of the time I will tell them to try and just play with baby while she’s lying down. For me, when it comes to my baby, if I say no means no. No buts, no whys. Cannot follow then don’t see. You have your own ways with your baby, I have mine so respect it.

Read more

I would tell them nicely not to kiss baby to avoid being sick and sanitize hand before touching baby. Politely tell them that due to so many cases of baby falling sick, please avoid from doing it. Even us as parents has to be careful. Not just because we are parents we can do whatever we want but live it up to it. Behind close door, kiss hug you can do. But in front of them, better not. Tell them baby's prone to falling sick. They sensitive or not up to them. That's your child and you have every right.

Read more

i would just hold my baby and go in the room act like it's time for nursing HAHAHHAHA but some just.....cannot be avoided. i got cranky (yes the Mama not the baby) when i saw this particular person kissed her lips one time. i immediately scolded my hubby to let that person know. (also lowkey good thing she now cries when she sees her HAHAHHA)

Read more

Just tell them doctor said so, said many cases of infection recently due to kissing the baby. Old ppl will listen to doctors but not listen to us. Lol. Happened to me so many times so anything I’ll just said my gynae/PD said so, to shut them up and it worked.

I will just tell straight. No kissing ah, doctors n report now say germs n covid ah.