How to teach colors to babies?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Colour activities and games! I use plastic bowls (can buy from ikea) in different colours and have shapes and objects/toys in those colours too. Then I play a sorting game with my girls. Place those coloured bowls in a line and have a big basket of coloured objects placed in the middle. My girls will take turns to take out an object from the basket and they have to place them in the matching coloured bowl. Then concurrently, we will repeat the colour everytime the object is placed correctly in the bowl. Or... U can diy colour sorting popsicles too!

Read more
Post reply image

I try to do it in our daily activities! And I find the supermarket an excellent place! I'll keep showing her and even let her touch (depending on what it is). Yellow banana! Red Apple! Orange oranges! Green vegetables! It's really fun and she gets to learn her fruits and vegetables too.

Influencer của TAP

Use nature as your guide. I sang songs to my babies and pointed out the colour as I sang. I also asked my baby "what's that colour?" quite regularly. You'd be surprised as to how fast babies learn colours.

The best way to do this is to show them the colour and then clearly pronounce the name of the colour. Or you could weave colours into sentences like, "look at the brown doggie!"